Mastermind groups: A perfect solution to today’s uncertainty
Thursday, June 04, 五星彩票平台官网
Years ago, I was invited to join a women’s . It took place each week and followed a well-defined format that included a brief guided meditation; check-in; a designated amount of time for each member to share successes, challenges and receive input and support; and finally, intention-setting for the coming week. I found it inspiring, empowering and extremely helpful because it held me accountable and offered me genuine support and solutions.
Mastermind groups have grown extremely popular since the idea was introduced in 1937 (yes, it was that long ago) by bestselling author and prosperity guru Napoleon Hill. He observed the practices of highly successful people and recognized that not one of them got there alone, but in fact, had a team of people with diverse talents, skills and backgrounds working with them.
It became clear to Hill that something greater was at work. He wrote, “No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind.”
I’ve been running groups for over 30 years, and I’ve had firsthand experience of the power of many minds joined in a common purpose. The shared wisdom of the group goes beyond the mere knowledge of each of its members. Instead, the greater collective is tapped and a fountain of new insights and ideas pours forth upon the group. The individual members are no longer limited by their personality or circumstances. This not only accelerates each member’s progress, but it literally makes room for the extraordinary to happen. Part of this is due to the simple awareness that others care about our progress.
My sense is that humans are naturally tribal, and we’ve lost touch with that in our modernized, technological world. We can check ourselves out at the store; drive through a machine-operated toll booth; check into the airport via machine; get our movie tickets via machine; pump our own gas and pay for it at the pump; get directions from a GPS; and communicate with friends, family and co-workers via phone, texting or video chatting. We can literally go through large portions of our days without contact with another human being.
Now, with the pandemic and quarantine, our isolation has become even greater, which is why I believe it’s the perfect time for mastermind groups, especially for business owners who are not sure how to move forward as we reopen. The more I speak with other business owners and reflect on my own business goals, I realize how many of us feel paralyzed because there is still so much uncertainty. Many of the old ways of doing things simply aren’t available or won’t work in the post-pandemic world.
It doesn’t make sense to try and forge ahead alone. Now, more than ever, we need the brain power and imagination of a group to navigate the unpredictable waters that lay ahead. We need people we can trust to help us make sound decisions. We need encouragement to take brave and bolder steps than we have in the past.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- How millennial managers are reshaping the workplace
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- US payrolls add 2.5 million jobs amid reopenings; unemployment drops to 13.3%
- ADA Humanitarian Award deadline extended to September
- As humans search for higher agricultural yields, their waste may flush a stinky situation
- Covid, a four-letter curse word for associations
- Smart bidding can be your new digital marketing weapon for recovering brand profits
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How